Craft Show Sales Assistant
Approx. 10 Hours/Week, Seasonal
Joyo is a local small business run by a husband and wife team, Damian and Jenn Liddiard. We make modern wood jewelry, accessories for men and women, and small home goods. We love what we do!
We're looking for an outgoing and friendly person to represent our company at the SoWa Open Market (an art and craft market in Boston). We have an open position for Sundays from April 30th - October. There's some flexibility in days worked, as well as start and end dates - we're hoping to find someone who can do most Sundays though. There's also the potential for occasional work through December if interested. This is would be a perfect fit for someone who loves handmade and supporting small businesses.
- We pay $15/hr with scaled commissions based on total sales.
- Sales $0 - $699 at 5% commission
- Sales $700 and up at 10% commission
- Staff a weekly art and craft show in Boston.
- Arrive at the market at the designated set up time (around 8 AM).
- Set up 10x10 tent, tables, and displays.
- Display our products and keep everything looking neat during show hours. (10 AM - 4 PM) Actual hours worked will generally be 8 AM - 5:30 PM.
- Greet customers and talk to them about what makes our items awesome.
- Track stock/inventory.
- Process cash and credit card payments via the Square app.
- Remain knowledgeable about our products.
- At the end of the market, safely pack away products; break down displays, tables and tents.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Must have a car.
- Enthusiastic about Joyo and our products, as well as handmade businesses in general.
- Detail oriented and able to provide great customer service.
- Must own a smart phone (to process credit card payments via Square).
- Able to lift 40 plus pounds and sometimes be on your feet during most of the market hours.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- One year sales experience or relevant service experience preferred.
Sound like a good fit for you? Please email us your resume/qualifications
to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you'd like to work for Joyo!